Monday, August 20, 2007

9 miles

Yesterday (Sunday) was longie day. I woke up and it was pouring. I waited a bit and it stopped, hooray! So I got myself all dressed, took a handful of Motrin, filled all the little bottles on my belt with ice, Propel, and water, and prepared to leave for my 9 miles. I open the door and it's pouring again. Fuck. So I moped around the house for a couple hours, recharged my ipod, added a new playlist, and waited for it to stop.

Finally, I decided to give up and do it on Monday instead. Then the lightbulb went off. Um, perhaps it rains on September 9th? Am I going to skip the Half I've been training for all summer because it's raining?

Of course not, so I strapped my shoes back on, and headed out into the rain. I shit you not, not five minutes in, the rain stopped. Not a drop for the entire rest of the run. So weird. It was perfect out; cool and overcast. I had a great run: finished strong, and didn't suck wind the entire time. I am so ready. Three weeks to go.

2 comments:

Viv said...

That's too funny already to train in the rain than it quits. WTF! Your are so ready to rock that half marathon..

Delane said...

WTG!!