Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday's long run

Sunday should have been a great day. Should.

9am is a great time for a regular run, but I think I'm going to have to bust my chops to get out earlier for future longies. It was already getting pretty hot around 10am, and I had a couple miles left to go. Still, my 8 miles were awesome. I filled 2 bottles on the beloved fuel belt with Propel, and 2 with water, packed a gel, and hit the road. I cruised the whole way. Around mile 6 I felt it in my knees a little. (Next time I'll take 3 Motrin instead of 2) They are fine today. No worries.

So I got home, feeling all glorious and sweaty and awesome, and find out I have a houseful of people coming over in two and a half hours.

Come. On.

Then my mother calls me and says she has decided to:
1) Drive 12 hours to Atlanta...
2) alone...
3) without a cell phone...
4) now.

Come. ON.

Joe got on the computer to find her a flight since my head was exploding at the prospect of her wildly unsafe impromptu road trip. He found one, but not without starting a huge fight with me somewhere between "what time does she want to fly out" and "window or aisle".

Plus, we now have only an hour and a half until company arrives. And I still have not yet showered, because this all happened AS SOON AS I WALKED IN THE DOOR.

So my awesome running high that should have carried me through the day was erased an hour later. Ah well. It was great while it lasted.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Awww, Noelle, so sorry your high was squashed when you got home!

I hope the unexpected visit went well, and you were able to get your shower!

Viv said...

Buzz kill! I hope you still managed to enjoy your Sunday. From your message on the boards looks like your still pretty busy on Monday. Hey, Tuesday is a new day, maybe you can get a longer lasting high in this week ;-)