Thursday, August 9, 2007

New toys.

Tuesday's run was great! Totally needed it. I took a new route. It was very hilly, but the road itself was very flat; no sloping down on the sides. Good deal. I went out and bought some new running necessities yesterday. I finally got some body glide for my thighs and i got a hydration belt. Even 4mi in this heat, i'm dying for some h2o about 2mi in. No way I could survive 8mi on Sunday, and I hate carrying a water bottle. It's the burbs, and people are so paranoid about litter on their property, the bottles would get tossed in 5min flat if i stashed them en route.

The belt I got is good, and will serve it's purpose. It holds more than the one I planned to buy, but better to have more than i need than not enough, right? It's so not hawt, heh. The bad news is the salesperson at the store told me I should buy a large instead of the medium that I was holding, since they run small and SHE herself "is 100lbs and takes a medium". Skinny bitch. The damn thing is too loose and now I've got to drag my kids back to exchange it for the medium I was going to buy in the first place. Hmmm. Imagine that. My fat ass wearing the same size as her 100lbs. Grrrrr. What a waste of time. Why do i listen to others, when I so clearly know EVERYTHING?

Tonight we're celebrating my sister's birthday (yay cake) and tomorrow we're going to Elvis night at the Sox game (yay beer). I don't know when I'm going to get in my run, but with all the good eats I need to try. If i can unload my son on someone, I can take the girls out in the jogger. There's no way he can follow us on his bike, it's way too hot. The poor kid would have a stroke. Maybe I'll just call a sitter to sit here while i go. That's probably the best plan. It's too hot to be pushing that thing for 4 miles, anyhow. It kills me a little to have to pay someone else so I can go running, but whattaya gonna do?

1 comment:

Viv said...

Your too much, Noelle! I was rolling that you clearly know everything casue I think the same way!!It is such a pain to take the kiddos on store return runs, there is always a delay and they are so ready to get out of there! Well, I know you were looking forward to the Sox, but now you can get your run in..eh!
I am trying to look on the brightside for u ;-)