Saturday, August 25, 2007

Morning run

I am not usually a morning runner, I prefer to run in the early evening. But, we had all kinds of crazy-ass weather blow through Thursday night, which cancelled my scheduled run. I had to either run it yesterday (Friday) or skip it. The Half is 2 weeks away, so i don't want to skip. Joe's birthday was yesterday, and I had invited people over for dinner, so an evening run was not in the cards. Friday morning it is. I woke up at the crack, and headed out a bit after 6. It wasn't so bad. Joe needed to be gone at 6:50, so I knew I couldn't do the whole 5 in that time, but I came pretty close; I did 4.5. I was really surprised how many people were out that early. I was also surprised that I could run that far on half a banana.

Unfortunately, I strolled in at 6:51, and Joe's head was exploding that I was running him late. If I could drag my ass out by 5:45, I could do a morning run again. I don't see it happening, though. That is just unreasonably early.

I love the changing weather. I can't wait for fall. I've had enough summer. Fall running is both good and bad. I love the weather, of course, but the short days make getting out a challenge. It'll be getting dark right around the time I usually go, and I don't like running in the dark. It's scary, and my eyes play tricks on me. I pick up all kinds of little things in my peripheral vision, and it makes me too jumpy. I'm also quite sure that white mailbox up ahead is the large white jacket of a homocidal stalker. (Because creepy killers tend to wear obvious, brightly colored outerwear, right?) But in order to run in the daylight, I have to take the girls in the jogger, which I don't really mind, but I can't go for as long. After a half an hour they get bored and start firing questions at me. 4 miles of hills are NOT a good time for Q & A, and I get all cranky at them. That sucks for everyone.

Tomorrow is my longie--10 miles this week. I seriously cannot believe i only have two weeks left. I kind of don't know what to do when I'm done training. I'm not sure how to go back to regular running. I guess I'll worry about it in two weeks.

1 comment:

Viv said...

The masked blogger appears and she's gorgeous! Your doing great, Noelle. I hope ur 10 miler went awesome..