Saturday, August 18, 2007

Signs of progress

My run last night was great again. I think I'm in the zone right now. My left leg is a little sore, but not unbearable. I'll ice it in a bit. I did 5 miles to make up for cutting Wednesday's run short. I never know the time of my runs since I lost my pedometer and don't have a watch for running. At the end of my run I walk a block up a steep hill for my cooldown, and then stretch a bit outside before coming in and checking the time, so I know it's way inaccurate. Last night's five plus my cooldown walk and a little stretching were all done in about 45 minutes.

I've spent the last few days trying to figure out how to get a picture of myself onto this blog. I have no direct connection from my camera to my laptop because the cord was stolen when our house was robbed a couple years ago. (I know I can buy a new one, it's just not one of those things you think of while you're out shopping) I have a mac, but no mac email, so I can't send it from iphoto. I am completely computertarded, and have no idea what my other options are.

There's a reason i bring this up. I went to google myself, to see if there was a race photo of me somewhere that I could use, and I found something interesting. I always refer the 2000 Turkey Trot as my first 5K . But I was just reminded that THAT 5k was actually my second. In 1999, right after i found out I was pregnant, I did the Cincinnati race for the cure. At the time, I had never used a computer, so i never knew my results. Or cared, for that matter-it was totally for fun. I lived there for a year and a half, and a friend was visiting me, and we decided to do it. My time was 1:01:03. For a 5k. That's a 19:42 minute mile.

I've come a long way, baby.

(But no, I still haven't figured out how to get a fucking picture on here.)

3 comments:

Viv said...

Noelle, way to be in the zone, and you have come a long fucking way, baby! To put the pic in min I e-mailed one to myself, cropped and put in here. it was tricky, and it still looks distorted big time. You totally lost me with your computer with i this and iphoto that. LOL! I have a friend in Cinci, not that it has anything to do with anything except that u lived there. I knew your run would rock this weekend.

Karen said...

Hey Noelle, take $20 and go get a Timex ironman watch at Target or WalMart dearie.

Cool that you found that old race time - you've come a long way baby.

Anonymous said...

noelle - have a macbook or an imac? take a picture of yourself in photobooth (the camera is in the computer), or find a pic of yourself on the net, save it to iphoto and then in blogger add a page element (photo) and find where you saved it in iphoto on your computer. it will auto load it and shrink to fit, but it distorts a bit.