Friday, August 31, 2007

Avoiding the hills

Well, last night's 5 miler was funny. I took all this time on plotting a route that would avoid a ginormous hill on my usual 5 miler, and ended up with not only the same hill on a different street, but about a block and a half of visibly rolling hills right after it. Good grief. My knees are a little sore today, but i feel otherwise good. Nothing that can't be fixed with Motrin & ice packs. Then again, what can't? Heh.

I also wrestled with the little voice again. The first mile and a half I had to talk myself out of quitting. It was beautiful out, and i felt fine, I just wasn't in the mood. But I made myself continue, and once I hit mile 2, all was right with the world again.

My Sunday run is my last longie before the Half. It's next Sunday--yikes! Naw, i'm psyched for it. Bring in on.

(Yeah, watch me blow a knee or something)

2 comments:

Viv said...

Good luck with the last long run b4 the race. U better not blow a knww, that's crazy talk. U R gonna do awesome!

Anonymous said...

I have three friends who are running the half next week. I will be there to cheer them on! Look I will have four now! YAY!