Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wednesday's run.

I've been bad this week. I blew off yoga on Monday to do someone's hair for a party. But at least I picked up a couple extra people and booked a gig. Yay $$$! I'm working with a new makeup artist, and she's awesome. She advertises, though, which means i've gotten a bit busier than my retired self is used to working these days. It's fun work though, so I shouldn't complain.

Anyhow, i also blew off Tuesday's run for no good reason (who am I kidding--a nice bottle of wine is an excellent reason) so up until last night i had zero activity logged for the week.

Soccer practice got moved to another field, and that worked out well. The new field has a nice 3/4 mile path around it. So i planned to run it 6x to get in 4.5 during the practice. I got around 5x, and all of a sudden the lightening siren started blaring. I got all freaked out and ran over to the kids, and cut the run short. There was no lightening in my area, barely any rain, and I totally could have done the last one. I kicked myself a bit afterwards for quitting.

I'm going to do 5 on Friday to make up for it, then I have 9 on Sunday. I've got to get more of those magical little gel things. They are truly gag-worthy, but I've got to say, they work.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Congrats on the gig! The extra cash is always good. Spmetimes life gets in the way of things. Enjoy the run tomorrow.

Karen said...

I'd have gotten out of there too with a lightening siren going off.

Glad you got the extra work.

Tammy said...

A lightning siren? Hmmmm... guess I've gotten used to country living!

Seriously, though, I don't mess with lightning. Rain, no problem, but not lightning! You got most of the run in, and you were safe.

Congrats on the extra gig!